I’m not a New Year’s Resolution type of girl. Not even sure where that originated from, or why people wait until the first of the year to say they are going to make a change. But that’s neither here nor there. So, I’m going to set goals and objectives, or better yet, things that are to come.
I’ve been asked if any of the characters in my books are of actual people I know, or even myself. The answer to that, is no, not 100%—just bits and pieces. But any of the characters who are OCD…well that is me! Completely, utterly me.
So here we go—five goals/objectives/things to come. And of those who know me personally, you know I can’t have a list that doesn’t end with a 5 or 0…it’s that OCD thing again. When I see a list that ends in anything other than a 0 or 5 I want to shout, “Seriously, you couldn’t think of more, or take something off?!”
1. Average one blog post a week—I put this at the top, because I think it’s going to be the hardest for me. Even though I like to talk, I’m not sure I actually have anything to say.
2. Research and start promoting my books more—I’m great at research, just not so great at pulling the trigger. But it’s a goal of mine, and I’m determined to meet it.
3. Publish 4 books this year—actually this one should be easy. I’ve got 1 book scheduled to be published in late January, and 2 drafts completed already. Want to know what they are? Sorry, I’m waiting until next week, then I can meet my first goal and have my next blog post ready to go.
4. Start reading different authors. There are some wonderful authors out there and I need to expand my horizons and branch out. So if you know of some great authors, pass them on. I plan on doing that, then spreading the word on some of those books. (see, possible blogs posts to help me meet the first goal)
5. Stop eating liver—sorry, I needed a 5th goal since I couldn’t take anything off the list in order to meet the OCD issue I mentioned above. Besides, this one I know I will succeed at, thrive actually. I’ve never eaten liver before and the thought, not to mention the sight, of it makes me gag.
So there you go…the start of 2015 for me!